Friday, April 24, 2009

Florists Love Mother's Day

The second Sunday in May is one of the seasons in a florist's year. Along with Valentine's Day, Easter and Christmas, Mother's Day, represents high sales volume. Weddings, professional recognition days such as Administrative Assistant Day ring up a smaller volume. Little wonder that florists, nurseries, and grocery stores ensure that they don't run out of Mother's Day flowers.

Since flowers now come from all over the world, florists can play with a variety of flower arrangements. No longer confined to local floral variety and seasonal blooms, florists are now only limited by their creativity in crafting floral arrangements. Well, perhaps the customer's budget as well. It can be an Ikebana arrangement with its simple style and line, an English garden style with radial colorful blooms or a contemporary high style arrangement. Any time of the year, florists can have orchids, birds of paradise, tulips and various flowers for every occasion. Recipients are equally pleased. A mom in Asia can have a spray of tulips while another mom in Greenland might receive a pot of phaelonopsis orchids.

Customers can have Mother's Day flowers hand delivered by their local florist or through floral wire and online services such as 1-800-Flowers.

No comments:

Disclaimer

This blog is a collection of musings about things that interest me. The opinions are my own. While I try my best to be accurate and ensure accurate links to relevant sites, I may make honest mistakes, hopefully few and far between. I intend no harm to anyone. I welcome comments but please be kind and observe a no profanity ethic. This site may contain paid content but this in no way affects the honesty and spirit of the writing. I do not collect personal information or insert cookies in reader's computers. Blog posts belong to me. Content may be copied and distributed (but not modified), as long as my authorship is acknowledged with a link back to the content page. Photos are either mine or obtained from free sites. I make an effort to track and acknowledge the owner but this is often not possible. If you are the owner of photos on this site, please contact me. As life is a continually changing process, this blog is a work in progress.

Apture